Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hello from the Tri-Cities! I'm here for a conference on Asperger's that's being led by my expert crush Dr. Tony Attwood. I'm lounging around in my hotel room after a workout at the gym and stuffing myself with delicious food from PF Changs. I should be doing work, but my lovely and persistent procrastination trait has taken over. It never fails. I'll rally and get something done before bed, I'm sure. Truth be told, peeps, I've been struggling with all the transition this past couple of weeks. I've had a little bit of lonely mixed with a bit of depression followed by one nearly sleepless night (which led to some 2am tears of frustration. I have drama moments). I write blog posts in my head that I never type out. I'm terrible about writing when inspiration hits. At practicum, I felt like people were questioning why I was there, and it started to get to me. I'm no longer competent woman. I'm the newbie intern. I struggled with going to my (really lovely and fun) goodbye party at work. And I love parties. The finality of saying goodbye turned out to be more difficult than I anticipated.

Then, suddenly I was better yesterday. Meditation helps, so does late night melatonin. Delicious dinners and back rubs by a wonderful boyfriend make things better, so do outings with good friends. Over the weekend, I took some walks in the pretty fall sunshine, and something about that really made a difference. Some things are still overwhelming, but I'm feeling more ok with that. I'm finally calming down a bit. Maybe I'll be able to say something real soon.

No comments: