Friday, September 04, 2015

Dear Seattle, I love your passive aggressive notes

Last week I was reminded of why living in Seattle is so great when I found this ziplocked note on my car.



There's a lot to unpack here. OH MY GOD, IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN 3 DAYS FROM NOW. WHAT IF MY NOTE GETS DESTROYED???? Better seal it in plastic, just in case.

The underline really hits home how unwelcome it is to see my car in front of their house. I'm wondering, do we understand how street parking works, folks?  There aren't assigned spots. I'm certain this note came from our neighbors right next to us since I was parked in front of their house at the time it appeared. It took heavy detective to put two and two together. Figuring I should respond as a nice assertive neighbor, I went to their door to discuss the situation. They were clearly home but no one would answer my friendly knocks. Typical.

I've only caught glimpses of the couple who live there. The word that comes to mind is stodgy, and the woman usually has a pinched look on her face. They also have one of those little yellow sandwich board things that say, "Caution! Children Playing" placed at the end of their pristine driveway. The thing is that I've never seen a kid come out of that house, and we don't really have kids at this end of the block who play outside. It's all lies!!!

God, it's good to be back. The entertainment factor is a 10.

No comments: